Easy sewing pattern : the Must-have top
The Matisse top is an easy sewing pattern, cut with no dart, close to the body on the shoulder, and wide on the waist.
You can either make it with lining or choose a bias finishing.
This easy sewing pattern is quickly done, and offer you different styles depending on the fabric you adopt.
For summer, you can sew this pattern with a viscose, cotton canvas, batiste, Liberty ®, dotted swiss, poplin, … And for winter a fluid wollen material, or a lace with lining, or a sequin tulle , etc. for festive occasions.
Available sizes are : 34,36,38,40,42,44,46 ( from XS to XL)
To know what suits you the best, consult our size guide
Level 1 – Beginner
You’ll learn to:
- Sew a hem
- Sew bias binding
- Prerequisites: Straight stitching
- 2 finishing options: with bias binding or with lining
Estimated sewing time : 2h30 to 3h
- Recommended fabrics: cotton canvas, batiste, Liberty ®, dotted swiss, poplin, broderie anglaise…
- Bobbins of assorted thread colours
- Assorted bias bindings OR the same measurements of fabric lining
- A button loop (with bias or rattail binding)
- A button
Good to know : sewing allowances are already included (1cm for seams, and 3cm for hems)
Share your realisations on Instagram #lespatronnesmatisse.
On the picture , the fabric comes from Ma Petite Mercerie.