The vest top is your perfect wardrobe companion !
That famous little vest top works all year round: in summer with a pair of shorts, in winter under a jacket , or for more dressy occasions…
We wanted to play with the lining to create a double length which amplifies its fluidity.
Countless variations can be added to this very simple base: a lace yoke on the neckline and/or on the sides; a decorative button tab; with or without ruffles on the front or sides..
Mix it up however you like, it’s more than a dozen different models you can create!
The finesse of the Austrian painter Klimt, and his art of exalting women (hinting at the delight of a woman’s shoulder, for example) inspired us to name this piece.
To sew it, we’re making life easier with:
- The seam allowances already included (to avoid any headache)
- Pattern pieces which aren’t superimposed (for easy reading)
- Video tutorials on our YouTube channel, to accompany you through process of making each piece (so you can sew at your own pace)
The available sizes are from 34 to 48.
There you’ll find :
– complete step by step tutorial as well as the following videos:
– How to cut and place your fabric
– How to do a tucked hem
– How to sew shirring
Choose which model you’d like to make:
– With a yoke in the neckline
– With a decorate button tab
– With a ruffled button tab
– With side ruffles
LEVEL 1 – BEGINNER
You’ll learn to:
– Sew a hem
– Sew a clean neckline
– Prerequisites: Straight stitching
– Recommended fabrics: thin and flowing, crepe,
viscose, chiffon, thin Dotted Swiss cotton, Liberty ®,
– Recommended fabrics for the yokes: lace, English embrodery, Liberty ®…
– Assorted thread bobbins.
– 5 buttons (optional).
All sizes are listed on the pattern. To find out which size to sew, see the size guide.
NB: The seam allowances are included.